David Foster, LAc, Dipl. O.M.
David is a board certified acupuncturist in NYC, specializing in the treatment of neurological, psychiatric, and orthopedic conditions. After four years of graduate studies, in 2013 he earned his Masters degree from Pacific College, and has been in practice ever since. He’s done extensive continuing education in his field, including a cumulative three years of voluntary residencies under two different mentors. When choosing an acupuncturist it is most advisable to work with someone with a long resume of continuing education.
David’s whole childhood everyone thought he was so healthy, mostly because he was thin and athletic. But from a young age he suffered with eczema, and by his early twenties developed gout disease inherited from his father. He began to experience anxiety, and went to see a general practitioner who spoke to him for five minutes before writing a prescription for Paxil. When he got home he skeptically put the medication in his drawer, went to the bookstore, and instead bought a bunch of books on how to manage anxiety. He started seeing a therapist and quit smoking cigarettes, and symptoms calmed down.
Next he began dating an acupuncturist, who taught him how to eat, introduced him to the martial arts, and got him excited enough about Chinese Medicine to enroll in school. Now he is 20 years older, but probably 20 times healthier as a result of this education and paradigm he is eternally grateful for. Anxiety and gout symptoms are extremely rare, and he can’t remember the last time he had eczema.
David’s personal experience has taught him that through the collective effort of patient and practitioner almost anything is possible. His mission and purpose is to help patients with challenging cases who are willing to put in the time and work to allow him to help them reclaim their power as he did his own.
David’s Spanish is 90% fluent, and hence can accept most Spanish-speaking patients. He was born and raised in New York, and presently lives in Jersey City with his wife and daughter, the former of whom is an Integrative Medicine Doctor at Weill-Cornell Hospital. The latter is a baby. In addition to studying his craft, David finds time every day to cook, listen to old hip hop, and do creative writing.
My published articles:
- Advanced Clinical Externship with Dr. Frank Butler at Evolve Health & Wellness
- Advanced Clinical Externship with Dr. Clayton Shiu at The Shiu Clinic
- Tui-Na Massage for Back, Neck, Shoulder, and Knee Pain with Dr. Frank Butler
- Motor Points for Back, Neck, Shoulder, and Knee Pain with Dr. Anthony Lombardi
- Migraine Treatments with Dr. Ayla Wolff
- Microbiome Mastery Course with Andrew Miles of Botanical Biohacking
- Treatment of Depression, Anxiety, and Insomnia with Suzanne Robideaux
- Treatment of Psychiatric Conditions or “Heart Shock” with Ross Rosen
- Post-Concussion Treatments and Cranial Nerve Science with Dr. Ayla Wolff
- Autoimmune Protocol with Chris Volesky
- Oncology Support with Dr. Frank Butler
- Stroke Rehab with Dr. Clayton Shiu